Membership is one of the main differences between a credit union and other financial institutions. As a member, you don't just have an account with TobyFCU, you become part of our financial cooperative that elects its own volunteer Board of Directors who, along with a Board appointed Supervisory Committee, work to insure that all decisions made are in the best interests of our members.
At TobyFCU we are a full-service financial provider insured by the National Credit Union Association (NCUA). We pride ourselves on the full line of services and benefits offered to our members, and we are constantly striving to enhance them. The following are just some of the benefits available:
- Products and Services designed with your best interest in mind
- Employees dedicated to serving and meeting your needs
- Cutting-Edge Technology
- Convenient branch locations
Can anyone join TobyFCU?
Membership is no longer limited to just the Tobyhanna Army Depot. It has expanded to include Select Employee Groups (SEGs), certain area Associations, proximity to the Veterans Memorial Bridge, and family ties. Qualification details for eligibility are listed below:
If you are or choose to become a member of or volunteer with one of the following organizations, you may be eligible to join TobyFCU:
|American Consumer Council||Join the American Consumer Council by clicking 'Apply Online' to the right. Enter the promo code "consumer" to waive the membership fee. We can also enroll you when we open your account.||Apply Online|
|Lackawanna River Corridor Association||Membership costs between $15 and $250 depending on membership level. Proceeds benefit the Lackawana River Corridor.||Apply Online|
|Tobyhanna Army Depot Chapter of the Association of the United States Army||There are a range of membership levels, starting at $14 a year depending on your affiliation with the US Army, or $34 a year for civilians.||Download PDF|
Please complete the corresponding application above and email it to email@example.com. If you have any questions, please contact us at 1‑866‑TobyFCU.
Click on the county you work in to find out if your employer is currently affiliated with TobyFCU as a Select Employee Group (SEG)
Or click below to view a listing of all of our SEGs
If you are employed within a three-mile radius of the Veterans Memorial Bridge (formerly the Interborough Bridge) spanning the Broadhead Creek between East Stroudsburg and Stroudsburg you are eligible to join the credit union. If you aren't sure whether or not your business falls within the three-mile radius, you may check the map for a general reference, otherwise for a more accurate check, please contact us by calling 1‑866‑862‑9238 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have an immediate family member who is already a member or is eligible to become a member then you are also eligible for membership.
Immediate family is defined as:
- Adoptive Relationships
- Persons living on the same household
- "Household" is defined as persons living in the same residence maintaining a single economic unit, including domestic employees and others that live together as a family unit. An individual may be considered to be living in the same household although he or she is temporarily absent from the residence - for instance: children in college, or a family member in the military.
If you don't work for a SEG in any of the counties above and you do not qualify for membership through an immediate family member or one of the listed associations, you may still qualify! Read through the following questions to find out if they apply to your situation:
- Are you a spouse of a person who died while they where a member?
- Are you civilian or military personnel of the Department of Defense who work at or who are assigned to the Tobyhanna Army Depot?
- Are you a retired member of the US Armed Forces who are eligible by law or regulation to receive and are receiving benefits or services from the Tobyhanna Army Depot?
- Are you an employee of non-appropriated fund activities who works at the Tobyhanna Army Depot?
If you answered Yes to any of these questions then you are eligible to become a member of the credit union.
Things we'll need
Before opening a new account, certain information must be obtained:
- Birth date (for individuals)
- Social Security Number (or other Tax Identification Number)
In addition, one form of non-expired government issued photo ID must be presented.
- Driver's License
- Matricula Consular
- Certified Articles of Incorporation
- Partnership Agreement
- Trust Instrument
- Business License
The Credit Union realizes that not every person may have a photo ID. In lieu of this, at least two items must be presented from the following:
- Social Security Card
- Birth Certificate
- Utility Bill in your name
- Pay Stub
- Consumer Credit Report/Checksystems/Telecheck
- Tax forms
A required $5.00 share deposited into your share savings account signifies your slice of ownership of the credit union. If you ever decide to close your TobyFCU account, you receive your $5 share back.
Conditions & Notes
* Household membership excludes persons who live temporarily in a residence (visitors), fraternities, sororities, apartment/condo complexes, and boarding houses.